521 Harvard Street NW
Washington, D.C., 20001
3 (full) 1 (half)
Welcome to your new rowhome, located in the coveted Columbia Heights community of Washington, D.C.
Location is everything and this spectacular home resides in the heart of it all with excellent proximity to Columbia Heights Metro Station, several grocery stores, multiple parks, playgrounds, restaurants, coffee shops, bars and more.
Approaching the home you will be pleased by the excellent curb appeal. With fresh exterior paint and a charming front porch, this home is certain to captivate you at first sight.
Entering the home you are greeted by gleaming hardwood floors and ceilings over 9 feet. This home features 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms with 2,079 square feet on 3 fully finished levels. The main level features the living room, formal dining room, kitchen and powder room. The living room is illuminated by natural light and features gorgeous crown molding. French doors welcome you into the formal dining room. Highlighted by overhead lighting, this room is spacious and features the original fireplace mantel as a beautiful focal point within the home.
Entirely renovated in 2021, the kitchen boasts stainless steel appliances, sleek quartz countertops, white cabinetry, natural stone flooring and access to your private patio and backyard. The patio is the ideal space for summertime BBQs and private gatherings with family and friends.
The upper level features 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms and a laundry closet with front loading washer and dryer. The primary suite provides you with the exclusive retreat you deserve. It features an ensuite bathroom and large closet. Both upper level bathrooms were renovated in 2021 with contemporary sinks, light fixtures and more. The additional 2 bedrooms are spacious and share the 2nd full bathroom on the upper level.
The fully finished walk-out lower level features a front and rear egress. There is a 2nd kitchen, recreation room, separate laundry with washer and dryer, full bathroom and 4th bedroom (currently being used as a den). It creates an excellent opportunity for additional earning potential or can be used as an in-law/au pair suite.
This home must be seen in person to truly appreciate all its beauty!
Look no further; you are home!
TAKE A LOOK INSIDE
- 4 Bedrooms and 3.5 Bathrooms
- 2,079 Total Square Feet
- Hardwood Floors
- Crown Molding
- High Ceilings (9ft)
- French Doors
- Spacious Living Room
- Formal Dining Room with Original Fireplace Mantel
- Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances, Quartz Countertops and Natural Stone Floors
- 3 Upper Level Bedrooms and 2 Full Bathrooms
- Primary Suite with Ensuite Bathroom and Large Closet
- Fully Finished English Basement with Front and Rear Entrance, Separate Kitchen, Full Bathroom and 4th Bedroom/Den
UPGRADES THROUGHOUT HOME
- Kitchen and Half Bathroom Renovated (2021) (Slate Floors, White Cabinetry, and Quartz Countertops) $40,000
- Bright Interior Walls, Entirely Repainted (2021) $5,000
- Fresh Exterior Paint (2022/2023) $10,000
- Upper Level Bathrooms Renovated (2021) $20,000
- New Washer/Dryer $2,000
- All Exterior Doors and Door Frames Replaced (2022) $15,000
- New HVAC (2018) $5,000
- New Water Heater (2021) $4,000
COMMUNITY & LOCATION FEATURES
- 94/100 Walk Score
- Blocks from Whole Foods and Giant
- Several Gourmet Markets nearby (Aurora Market and Odd Provisions)
- Multiple Playgrounds nearby (11th and Monroe Street Park, Banneker Playground and the Park at LeDroit)
- Immediately adjacent to Banneker Recreation Center, Pool and Tennis Courts
- Less than a half mile from Howard University
- Less than a mile from Columbia Heights Metro Station
- Less than a mile from Columbia Heights Community Center
- Within 1 mile of Adams Morgan, Mount Pleasant, Petworth and Shaw
- Immediately adjacent to Neighborhood Restaurants, Coffee Shops and Bars (Sonny’s, Doubles, Midlands, St. Vincent, Call Your Mother, Hook Hall, Harrar Coffee, Capa Tosta, and Looking Glass Lounge)
- In the Bruce-Monroe Elementary School District (8/10 GreatSchools rating)