6002 Windward Drive
Burke, VA 22015
Welcome to your lovely new home in the stunning and highly sought-after neighborhood of Burke Centre in Burke, Virginia!
This stunning home is located off a cul-de-sac on a pipestem, offering lots of privacy. Your fabulous new home has been meticulously updated over the years and features 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms over 1900 square feet. This new home shows genuine pride of ownership, which will delight today's most discerning buyer.
Entering the home, you are greeted by a charming foyer with stunning hardwood flooring that flows absolutely beautifully up the stairs and into your spacious and cozy living area. This area is perfect for entertaining and creating family memories as it offers plenty of space for guests and/or family game/movie nights. It also opens up to your formal dining area, which offers gorgeous overhead lighting, as well as lots of natural light.
Off the dining room you will find your large rear deck that overlooks your new backyard and backs to the forest, offering a gorgeous woodsy view. It’s the perfect space for summer BBQ’s, friendly get-togethers, and decompressing after a long day. Continuing through the home, you will step into your charming new kitchen, which features stunning granite countertops, beautiful dark cabinetry, and white appliances.
The main level of this home also features a spacious primary bedroom with an enormous walk-in closet that is perfect for sharing and a stunning ensuite bathroom with a stand-in shower and dual vanities. A second bedroom and another full bathroom reside on this level as well.
Let your imagination run wild with all of the prospects for the lower living level. This fully finished space has fantastic storage capabilities, one bedroom, a full bathroom, your laundry area, a workshop area, backyard access, and a large recreational area that offers a gorgeous floor-to-ceiling fireplace made of stunning brick. It’s an incredible statement piece with built-in shelving on each side, and is certain to help you stay cozy on any brisk nights.
Every aspect of this home has been carefully thought out and lovingly maintained. This home must be seen in person to truly appreciate all of the charm and character that has been invested into creating a warm and inviting retreat.
Look no further; you are home!
TAKE A LOOK INSIDE
- 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, backing to forest
- 1932 square feet
- Located off of a cul-de-sac on a pipestem, offering lots of privacy
- Bedroom and full bathroom on lower level
- Kitchen with granite countertops
- Formal dining and living area
- Large rear deck overlooking backyard
- Workshop area in basement
- Large concrete patio 20 x 18 in backyard
- Large laundry room/storage area with laundry tub
- Finished walk-out lower level to backyard
- Primary bedroom has walk-in closet and ensuite bathroom
- Wood-burning fireplace in basement, with built-ins on each side
- Laundry area in basement
Total $$ in Upgrades: 89,700
- Additions/Renovations made to the primary bedroom, including a sitting area, one full ensuite bathroom with separate vanities, and a walk-in closet. There is also a laundry chute that leads to the laundry room downstairs (2010) - $56,000
- Hardwood flooring 3 ¼ x ¾ Solid Red Oak (2016) - $8,000
- Vinyl Replacement Windows (Warranty transferable) – (2005) $6,400
- Large 18 x 14 deck overlooking gorgeous backyard – replaced original deck (2007) - $9,000
- Carrier HVAC System (2020) - $5,700
- Gutter Helmet (Warranty transferable) (2007) $1,700
- Landscaped front and backyard that backs to woods (2019) - $1,500
- Water Heater 55 gallon (11/2019) - $1,400
COMMUNITY & LOCATION FEATURES
- Multiple playgrounds – newly equipped
- Five outdoor swimming pools
- Tennis courts at pool locations
- Miles of nature trails and paved paths
- Elementary school in neighborhood
- Secondary school (7th-12th grade) less than 3 miles away
- Less than 2 miles from grocery store
- Lots of restaurants/shopping nearby
- Less than 2 miles from Virginia Rail Express (VRE) (covered parking garage no fees)
- Metro Bus stops in neighborhood
- Less than 10 miles from Springfield Metro
- Burke Lake Park less than 5 miles away, where you can enjoy a picnic, fish, golf, hike and/or ride bikes