3948 Fort Worth Ave
Alexandria, VA 22304
3 (full) 1 (half)
Welcome to your newly renovated home in the coveted Seminary Ridge community of Alexandria, Virginia.
This beautiful center hall colonial home has 5 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms with 4,377 square feet on 3 fully finished levels. With more than $315,000 in upgrades and renovations, this home is certain to impress today's most discerning buyer.
Entering the home, you are greeted by a spacious foyer with gorgeous crown molding and gleaming hardwood floors that flow beautifully throughout the main and upper levels. The main level of the home features a great room, formal dining room, gourmet kitchen, family room and a redesigned mudroom with access to the 2-car garage. The great room is spacious and illuminated by natural light streaming in through the floor-to-ceiling windows. The dining room is highlighted by elegant overhead lighting and chair rail detail, which exudes sophistication and charm. It's perfect for hosting dinner parties and entertaining guests.
The gourmet kitchen is a chef's dream. It boasts stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, a gorgeous center island, double ovens and a cooktop. Custom cabinetry is installed with undermount lighting and a butler’s pantry. This model has been fully renovated and redesigned by the owner. The original main level bathroom blocked the open concept. During the full renovation the bathroom was moved to the mudroom area so that you could enjoy an open view of the family room from the kitchen.
Beautiful French doors from the kitchen lead to the rear deck, which provides a fantastic space for summertime BBQs and enjoying the privacy of your new luxury estate. The rear deck has a staircase that leads to two lower level patios and fully fenced backyard. In Seminary Ridge many homes do not have a flat backyard. The owners had the rear yard professionally landscaped and after an additional $60,000 you have an amazing .35 lot with multi-tiered entertaining areas. The mature landscaping, sprinkler system and separate play area truly gives you a private oasis for years to come.
The upper level features 4 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. The primary suite is spacious with a luxurious ensuite bathroom and a grand walk-in closet with custom built-ins. The ensuite bathroom features a large glass shower, separate soaking tub with massaging jets and dual vanities. The additional three bedrooms on this level are generously sized and are served by the 2nd full bathroom. This level also features the washer and dryer, located in the primary bedroom closet.
Over $100,000 was put into the lower level which was unfinished at original purchase. The fully finished walk-out lower level features a recreation room with a wet bar, a media room and the 5th bedroom. The recreation room is the ideal space for game nights and creating lifelong memories with family and friends. The wet bar comes complete with granite countertops, a wine cooler, kegerator and dishwasher. The media room is perfect for movie nights and decompressing after a long day. The 5th bedroom has dual closets and an ensuite bathroom, creating an excellent option for a guest/in-law suite. Even on the lower level this suite comes with a view!
Every aspect of this home has been carefully thought out and lovingly maintained. This home must be seen in person to truly appreciate all of the charm and character that has been invested into creating a warm and inviting retreat.
Look no further; you are home!
TAKE A LOOK INSIDE
- 5 Bedrooms and 3.5 Bathrooms
- 4,377 Square Feet
- Large, Private Backyard with Mature Trees and Children's Play Area
- Open Floor Plan
- Crown Molding
- Hardwood Flooring
- Formal Living Room and Dining Room
- Family Room off Kitchen
- Gourmet Kitchen with Stainless Steel Appliances
- Granite Countertops
- Large Center Island
- Double Ovens & Cooktop
- Breakfast Area
- Main Level Mudroom
- Main Level Powder Room
- Spacious Primary Suite with Ensuite Bathroom and Walk-in Closet with Custom Built-ins
- Ensuite Bathroom has Jetted Soaking Tub, Shower and Double Vanity
- Upper Level Laundry
- Fully Finished Walk-out Basement
- Recreation Room with Wet Bar (Wine Cooler, Kegerator and Dishwasher)
- Lower Level Bedroom with Dual Closets
- Lower Level Full Bathroom
- Expansive Rear Deck
- Expansive Rear Patio
- 2-Car Garage
- Washer/Dryer on Upper Level and Additional Hook-up in Basement
OWNER UPGRADES THROUGHOUT HOME
- New Windows and Doors (2014) $30,000
- Kitchen renovated (Updated Layout, New Cabinetry, Granite Countertops, Beautiful Backsplash and Stainless Steel Appliances) (2014) $40,000
- Hardwood Flooring throughout Home (2014) $10,000
- Primary Bathroom Renovation (Soaking Tub and Large Shower) (2014) $20,000
- Primary Walk-in Closet Renovated (Custom Built-ins and Washer/Dryer) (2015) $15,000
- Main Level Powder Room Remodel (2014) $8,000
- Second Level Bathroom Remodel (Double Vanity and Marble Tile added) (2017) $7,500
- Finished Walk-Out Basement (Mother-in-law Suite with Full Bathroom, Wet Bar with Seating, Wine Cooler and Kegerator, Tankless Water Heater, Electric Panel Replaced, Washer/Dryer Hookup and Wash Basin) (2018) $100,000
- New Landscaping and Large Retaining Wall adding usable Yard Space (2014) $60,000
- Deck Replaced and Refinished (2014/2022) $15,000
- Added 2nd Patio under Deck and Separate Children’s Play Area (2020) $10,000
COMMUNITY & LOCATION FEATURES
The Seminary Ridge Civic Association (membership is $50/year and voluntary). The association has hosted the following events throughout the year:
- St Patrick's Day Scavenger Hunt
- Screen on the Green movie showings at St. Stephens School including snacks and drinks
- Summer Party including catered food, games and bounce houses
- Halloween House Decorating Contest
- Halloween Parade including dinner, and a meet and greet by Alexandria City PD and Fire Department trucks which lead then children in the start of trick or treating
- Christmas Party including catered food and beverages
- Minutes from 395/495 and Direct Access to 395 EZ Pass Lanes
- Lots of Shopping and Dining nearby (Shoppes of Foxchase Shopping Center)
- Beautiful Neighborhood with Sidewalks and Mature Trees
- Seasonal Events in Neighborhood
- High School in Neighborhood with Track, Football, Soccer and Baseball Fields
- Nearby Eisenhower Ave Metro
- Nearby King Street and Duke Street
- Multiple Grocery Stores nearby
- Numerous Parks nearby (Fort Ward, Taney Avenue and more)