6117 Burnett Street
Alexandria, VA 22310
4 (full) 1 (half)
Welcome to your lovely new home in the tight-knit community located in Northern Virginia's highly desirable Alexandria, Virginia.
With over $380,000 in upgrades and improvements, this gorgeous colonial is ready to be called home once again. This luxury home features 4 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms over 4,600 square feet. The home is sure to impress today's most discerning buyer, offering great character and valuable improvements throughout the interior and exterior.
Every aspect of this home has been carefully thought out and lovingly maintained, and it indeed must be seen in person to appreciate all of its beauty and charm.
As you approach this stunning home through the brick and wrought iron gates, you will notice the loving attention to detail that has been carefully curated and maintained on this 1 acre lot. The mature landscaping was thoughtfully selected and expertly placed, providing seasonal interest. In addition, both the front and rear gardens have been outfitted with an irrigation system with multi-zone controls and automatic settings.
The expansive attached 2-car, 2-door garage has adequate space for cars and additional storage.
The house has been improved extensively throughout the years with the majestic addition of the spacious great room and sunroom. The great room with its vaulted ceiling, skylights, Brazilian cherry flooring, and gas fireplace is just over 600 square feet! The unique glass conservatory is perfect for peaceful respite after long days. The roof of the conservatory was a $90,000 upgrade and kept this space toasty in winter and cool in the summer months. From this room, you have lovely views of your expansive Trex deck and a sizable swimming pool.
The open kitchen with its marble wall accents and granite counters hosts a stainless steel refrigerator, 5-burner cooktop, dishwasher, and double electric wall ovens. This kitchen is sure to delight your inner chef and inspire every meal. The formal dining room has a charming Vermont Castings (Defiant model) red enameled wood stove for warmth in the winter months. This little stove alone could heat a good portion of the main level!
Located conveniently on the main living level, the first of 2 primary bedrooms has lovely views of the meticulously landscaped backyard and pool area. Your new owner's retreat is equipped with a gas fireplace, a marble walk-in shower, and a cedar closet housing the main-level laundry facilities. The upper-level primary bedroom features 2 walk-in closets, an ensuite with marble, a new soaking tub, and a walk-in shower. Finally, the fully finished basement provides extra living space, exercise area and a large storage room. The bathroom on the lower level boasts a steam shower.
The sprawling grounds of this oasis also features a tool shed and a freestanding Amish-built garage. The garage is large enough for a vehicle or can be utilized to store various pieces of yard equipment.
A custom pond is also located on the grounds of this estate and is full of lilies and other aquatic flora.
Outfitted with a pump, filter, and bubbler, your new pond is the perfect relaxation area.
Look no further; you are home!
TAKE A LOOK INSIDE
- 4 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms
- 4,628 square feet
- Marble wall facing on the first story
- Spacious marble and granite kitchen with stainless steel refrigerator and double electric wall ovens
- Dining room wood stove for cozy heat in the winter (Can use wood from backyard We have done that for years)
- 1 Acre of Property in Fairfax County
- Privacy in the city with brick and wrought iron gates and landscape viewsheds
- Beautiful gardens with fountain
- Front and backyard Irrigation systems with multi zone control and automatic settings
- Full length front porch
- Large 2 car 2 door garage with plenty of space of storage
- 1st floor ensuite with gas fireplace, marble walk in shower, and cedar closet with washer/dryer
- 600 sq ft great room with vaulted ceiling, skylights, Brazilian cherry flooring, and gas fireplace
- Primary bedroom has 2 walk in closets, new deep bathtub, and walk in shower, with additional sink outside of the bathroom.
- Upstairs has 2 additional bedrooms, featuring a shared bathroom with walk-in shower
- Tool shed and freestanding Amish built garage big enough for a car or can store yard equipment
UPGRADES THROUGHOUT HOME
- Extended front porch to be the full length of the main house (40 ft) $5,000
- Brick walkway from driveway to front porch $3,000
- 24 new windows: replacement and new cutouts $14,000
- Decks all Trex $12,000
- Amish garage $8,000
- Square Tool Shed with spire and cupola $4,000
- Great Room Brazilian Cherry floors, and 8 double palladium windows with window treatments $110,000
- Conservatory (Glass room) $90,000
- Conversion of original garage to gorgeous bedroom suite $45,000
- Marble walls in kitchen/dining room $2,500
- New roofs with architectural tile $52,000
- Sunken swimming pool in deck $6,000
- Marble in Upstairs Bathrooms $2,000
- Pond with waterfall $10,000
- Irrigation System for front and back yard $8,000
- Brick fence and columns and wrought iron fences and gates $12,000
- 2nd laundry room
- New bathroom with double shower and marble walls
- Propane window fireplace
- Large high def TV
- Long storage bench/window seat
- Two sets of double doors
- Cedar walls in the closet
CITY & LOCATION FEATURES
- Bonefish Grill
- La Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe
- Panera Bread
- Fiona's Irish Pub
- Osaka Japanese Steakhouse & Seafood
- East Moon Asian Bistro
- Close to Franconia-Springfield Metro
- 11 miles to Washington D.C.
- 10 miles to Ronald Reagan International Airport
- 9 miles to National Harbor
- Convient proximity to I-495, I-395, I-95, and Telegraph Rd